ACNW Location and Driving Directions
Centrally located within an hour and a half of the Twin Cities, Duluth, and Saint Cloud, the Audubon Center of the North Woods is easy to find. Clear signage directs you from the I-35 exit along the five miles to the Center gates. Our convenient location enables you to have a remote nature-immersion experience while saving time, money, and energy.
54165 Audubon Dr., Sandstone, MN 55072
Directions to the Audubon Center
From the Twin Cities and Duluth:
Our center is located only six miles from Interstate 35, 90 miles north of the Twin Cities (about 1 1/2 hours) and 60 miles south of Duluth (about 1 hour). The sanctuary is on Grindstone Lake and is near Banning State Park, the Hinckley Fire Museum, the Northwest Fur Post and the Kettle River.
- From Interstate 35, exit on the Sandstone Exit 191.
- Go west on County road 61 just over 2 miles
- Turn right (west) on County Road 27 and go about 100 feet
- Turn left (south) at the ‘T’ intersection with Grindstone Lake Road, and go just over 3 miles
- Turn right (north) on County Road 17 (Fox Road) and go 250 feet
- Turn left (west) at Audubon Drive. Follow this road for 1 mile to the main campus