Ways to Support ACNW
We believe that a healthy environment starts with and is perpetuated by a personal connection to it, and ACNW is and has been committed to that goal for over 40 years. By working with all ages and audiences, we create leaders in the environmental field that spans generations, disciplines and the globe.
There are many ways to show your support of the Audubon Center of the North Woods (ACNW), including:
- General Support Gifts
- Friend-a-Wild Critter program
- In-Kind Donations
- Memorial and Honorarium Gifts
- Named Funds Gifts
- ACNW Scholarship Fund Gifts
- Legacy Society
- Planned Giving
We are a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Tax ID (EIN): 23-7044164.
Information for Your Legal Counsel
Learn more about the various ways to support ACNW below:
ACNW was created in 1968 by a wonderful bequest and has grown to become a major educational and environmental organization. We depend on donor support to help us continue our important work, including:
- Educating and fostering environmental stewardship in thousands of K12 students annually
- Enhancements for wildlife
- Wetland and prairie restoration
- Wildlife education
- Residential and day programs
- Community events
- Renewable energy systems and energy conservation
The IRA rollover allows donors 70½ or older to transfer up to $100,000 directly from their IRA to charities like ACNW each year.
- An IRA rollover gift is a tax-exempt distribution. Qualifying individuals can make charitable gifts using pre-tax IRA assets rather than taking a distribution, paying income taxes and using after-tax assets to make a charitable gift.
- An IRA rollover gift can be used to meet all or part of an IRA required minimum distribution.
- A permanent IRA rollover will give qualifying individuals certainty, allowing them to better manage their income, taxes and charitable giving.
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to the Audubon Center of the North Woods may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses.”
Planned giving is a unique charitable tool that allows you to support ACNW’s important work for many years to come while also fulfilling your own financial goals and objectives. The Audubon Center of the North Woods Legacy Society was established to recognize generous individuals who have included or plan to include ACNW in their estate planning, through a bequest, life-insurance gift, or other planned gift. Legacy Society members are among ACNW’s most valued supporters.
Learn more about Planned Giving>>
Learn more about the ACNW Legacy Society>>
1. Establish a Named Fund to honor someone important in your life. Creating a Named Fund can be done through a single gift of $10,000, or through several gifts over several years.
2. Named Fund (a single gift of $10,000 or a gift of $2000 for 5 years $10,000). Establish an endowed fund in your name or to honor a loved one. When it reaches a balance of $10,000, disbursements will be made to in support of ACNW for the purpose designated in the Fund agreement.
3. Named fund as a Planned Gift. Through your estate plans, you can create a Fund in your name, your family or business name that will give back to the ACNW community in perpetuity.