Job Opportunities at ACNW
Current employment opportunities – see individual listings for application instructions:
We are seeking a full time, permanent Education Manager to provide leadership for our naturalist interns and all educational programming. Primary responsibilities are facilitating appropriate and impactful learning experiences for all visiting school groups, as well as the professional development of our naturalist staff. This position reports to the Program Director and directly supervises our team of naturalist interns. See job description for full list of duties and associated responsibilities.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent experience in environmental education, teaching, natural history or
related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience working in or with experiential learning programs.
- Minimum two years of experience with, or demonstrated knowledge of, residential environmental center operations.
- Strong teaching skills and pedagogical experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This position requires substantial mentoring and instruction (formal and informal). Comfort with teaching, public speaking and offering feedback.
- Understanding of academic standards and effective lesson planning. Experience with
program evaluation and educator observation.
- Significant leadership experience and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities on an ongoing basis.
- Commitment to advancing environmental sustainability and literacy.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification; Wilderness First Aid or Wilderness First Responder certification preferred.
- A positive attitude and a great sense of humor.
- Background check required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $32,000‐34,000/year to begin
- Health and dental plan options
- Simple IRA
- 3 weeks starting PTO, 10 floating holidays
Click here to view full job description and responsibilities
To apply, email a letter of interest, resume and list of three references with contact information to:
Connie Haugen, Program Director, Audubon Center of the North Woods, haugen@audubon‐center.org
Substitute teaching staff needed!
We are seeking on-call/substitute educational staff to periodically help teach some of our educational programs during our busiest season and/or during times of low staff availability.
Earn a little money while having fun! We will be holding orientation and training on our most requested programs periodically so if you or someone you know may be interested, please contact us as soon as possible at 320-245-2648 or email@example.com.