K-12 School Field Trips and Programs
We strive to provide the best environmental experiences for the thousands of K-12 students who come to our center from across the state. Our highest quality environmental education programs along with our optimal location, makes us not only the best choice for environmental programming, but lowers your travel costs – something we can all appreciate!
Click here to download Scholarship ApplicationSave time on travel, save money on gas and mileage, and spend more time learning, giving your students an experience they’ll always remember!
7-minute K-12 schools overview
The Audubon Experience
ACNW combines a diverse sanctuary, over 40 years of experience, a staff that includes the K-12 Programs Coordinator, a Wildlife Coordinator, Intern Coordinator, and professional naturalists and interns from the U.S. and around the world.
Some highlights of our program:
- Terrific meal service with a focus on local and seasonal foods
- Over 50 class choices – all aligned with MN Academic Standards
- Full array of adventure and challenge programming
- Modern dorm facilities with bathrooms in each room
- Our wildlife barn has non-releasable wildlife available for viewing and programs
- Evening programs included in every package
- Dedicated, professional, diverse and fun staff
- A leader in environmental education and renewable energy systems
- Central Minnesota location – only 90 miles from the Twin Cities and 70 miles from St. Cloud and Duluth
- Teacher recruitment bonus
- Seasonal, holiday and new school discounts
- All buildings handicapped-accessible
- OVERALL, THE BEST ENVIRONMENTAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE YOU CAN GET!