- This event has passed.
Black Hills and Badlands Tour with Mike & Kate
June 3 @ 1:00 pm - June 9 @ 10:00 am$2150
We will hike each day, but determine the distances depending on the participant’s abilities and interests. We take people off the “beaten path”, where you get a better sense of the place and can observe animal behavior more easily away from the road. Expect to see pronghorn, bison, prairie dogs, mule deer and possibly coyote and burrowing owls – as well as numerous grassland bird species. And that’s just in the Badlands.
The Black Hills are a spectacular contrast to the Badlands. Soaring rock pinnacles, quiet mountain streams, thick pine forests are the setting for our hikes. On Wildlife Loop Drive we are likely to see some of the biggest herds of bison, and other mammal species found in the more open, rolling hills. Mountain goats and big horn sheep are also species we might see in this area.
Capacity is limited so register early – first come, first served. A $100 deposit is required to hold your spot; balance is due April 23, 2018.
Cost (per person)includes transportation during trip*, meals, lodging, guides:
- Double-occupancy = $2,150
- Single-occupancy = $2,750
♦ Please call (320) 245-2648
Some of the trip highlights:
- Hike among the bison and prairie dogs in Badlands National Park
- Tour of Wind Cave deep in the heart of the Black Hills
- Explore Custer State Park’s Wildlife Loop
- Visit Bear Butte, the site of vision quests, and where Crazy Horse got his name
- Visit the Mammoth Site Museum, home to Ice Age fossils
- View Mt. Rushmore and the Needles, a dramatic geologic formation
- Visit the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary at Hot Springs
*NOTE: This trip will begin and end in Rapid City – participants will meet Mike & Kate there on June 3. Please see itinerary.
CLICK HERE to view trip details, including full schedule